Pre-Conference Workshop Chair
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact Ignacio Canales at the above email address.
To see the complete version of the Doctoral Workshop Call for Applications, please download the provided PDF.
The Strategic Management Society (SMS) is pleased to announce that a Doctoral Workshop will be held on June 20, 2013 preceding the SMS Special Conference in Glasgow. This workshop will be held on the campus of the University of Glasgow, Adam Smith Business School. The SMS Glasgow 2013 Doctoral Workshop aims at giving you tools to plan a successful publishing career after graduation. In order to achieve this, the workshop will provide a supportive setting where participants can:
- Listen first hand to the experience of top researchers who act as editors on the main journals in strategic management.
- Receive guidance on how to publish high-impact research.
- Reflect on the potential for publication that your PhD thesis has.
- Broaden their academic network with senior faculty as well as other current doctoral students.
Intended Participants and Submission
We invite doctoral students in Strategic Management and related areas to apply. Students from throughout the world are invited to participate in the workshop, but we especially invite students who study in UK institutions to apply. Application materials should include:
- Nomination/recommendation letter from a faculty member (with contact information).
- A one-page, times 12, double space summary of the applicant’s career to date including research interests.
- A 300-word description of the applicant’s projected papers that will come out of the dissertation.
Please note that space is limited and all applications should be submitted by March 25, 2013.
Format and Time Requirements
The Workshop will begin with one session of presentations from a panel of top academics, followed by a networking coffee break and a hands-on break out session where PhD students will receive feedback from panel members on the potential publications from their dissertation.
Doctoral Workshop Timeline
- March 25, 2013
- Deadline for Applications
- Mid-April, 2013
- Notification of Review Committee Decisions
- May 3, 2013
- Deadline for Accepted Individuals to Confirm Participation
- June 20, 2013
- Doctoral Workshop
- June 20-22, 2013
- SMS Special Conference Glasgow
- 8:15 – 8:30
- 8:30 - 10:00
- Panelists Presentations
- 10:00 - 10:30
- Coffee break
- 10:30 - 12:00
- Breakout Sessions with Participants and Panelists
- 12:00 - 12:30
- Transportation to Glasgow Marriott Hotel